Monday, February 25, 2008

Sweet Daniel

We got an update today. Daniel was 15lbs 4oz Feb.1. That is the same weight as Dec.27, but he still has some chunky rolls on his wrists, so I guess he is doing fine. In both pictures we got, he is sticking out his little tongue; maybe he is teething. His eyes are so huge and precious. It looks like he must have gotten a pretty good bump on his head because there is an old bruise and a mark like he banged it on a bar or edge of something. Man do I wish I could be there to bring him home right now.

I am thankful for
1) his spikey soft black hair 2) his little ear that pokes out some 3) his big acorn eyes 4) his dark eyebrows 5) his perfect little nose 6) his round cheeks 7) his sweet mouth 8) his tiny tongue sticking out 9) his chunky arms 10) his curled up hands 11) his beautiful birthmark on his wrist 12) his baby legs 13) his adorable toes 14) his nannies 15) his orphanage 16) his life mother 17) his fingernails and toenails 18) his knees 19) the little bones in his ankles 20) his beating heart 21) his smile 22) the other children in his orphanage, some of whom will live close by 23) the pretty plants all around outside the room where he lives 24) the idea that he might have the blanket I sent in a care package to sleep with tonight 25) the bottom of his foot, so new and smooth
Life is a miracle.

Now that I have written letters and petitioned for help, I am at a loss. What next? Now we are just in the undefined wait again. If people from my agency don't start getting approvals this week, I am going to feel desperate. This waiting must have a resolution, an end.

4 comments:

James and Melissa said...

I am feeling the same way! At some point there has to be a resolution to this wait! I'll think happy thoughts for you and hope you hear something soon.

K said...

I'm glad he looks well!

The wait... ugh, the wait. I like your thankful list.

Jill said...

Other than pray I don't know what you can do next. I am so glad you were able to get updated photos and infomration on him. I love chunky baby rolls and baby feet!

Jen said...

:) Congrats on getting an update! Any little bit of information makes me happier...and makes me feel closer to bringing our babies home!