Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Day 5

Thankfulness:
1) One day some years ago I was walking into school when I passed a one of my big, tough high school boys getting out of his dad's car. His dog was also in the car. No one else was around. The boy reached in the window of the car and hugged his dog while he said, "I love you, dad". And then he didn't seem so big and tough to me. Suddenly, many of my students who seemed unreachable and unruly became sweet, precious, worthy children to me again, and my passion for teaching them was renewed. I am thankful for that moment and that boy.
2) Mac and Cheese (Annie's is the best).
3) My sister P. who is faithful, kind, and an amazing mother.
4) My sister A. who is smart, thoughtful and funny.
5) My brother J. who has is always trying to take care of everyone. He is generous, successful, and one of the most transparently feeling men I have ever known.

I am so lucky to have P., A. and J. I cannot really imagine my life without them. They are central to who I am.

No comments: