Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Dreaming of Daniel


Today I am feeling the beginnings of a fluishness. Working to combat the sickness, I am overloading on vitamin C and trying to sleep a little extra.

Are you feeling well, baby Daniel? Have you gotten your first sniffles yet? Was someone there to rub your tummy if it didn't feel well? When you go to sleep, do you suck your thumb, or do you rub your sweet little ear? How does your voice sound? What makes you giggle? Are you starting to crawl? Are your arms still as chubby as they were in the last picture we got? Do you get the hiccups when you cry? Do you cry very much? Do you like to sleep on your tummy, side or back? Can you clap your hands? Do you eat very much? Do you like to take a bath and splash? I can't wait to be your mommy. I love you so much. Here is a picture of big brother at about your age. I wish I could be with you now.

Too tired for a list today, so I am thankful for my friend, Meg, who was my confidant, my person, until she died when we were 19. She will always be young, beautiful, bright and happy to those who knew her. She stands, in my mind, as a picture of true, complete, untainted friendship, and I am so thankful for her.

19 days

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful photograph and a wonderful post. Have a good day ;)

Jill said...

I hope you are with Daniel soon. I am sure your friend Meg is watching over him for you.

Jill