Sunday, March 2, 2008

11:00 in Viet Nam...Getting ready for lunch break...

Does anyone else do this every Sunday night? At 8:00 PM, I start imagining the staff of the Adoptions Unit CIS or Dof State getting situated in desks, settling down to computers, and looking at my case. I envision someone marking the list: check, check, check...ok, let's e-mail this family. I start checking my e-mail every 30 minutes until I finally fall asleep (and, shhhhh, sometimes I even get up in the middle of the night to see if the magic e-mail has arrived). This is all very ridiculous. People from my agency have been waiting 60 days LONGER than me with no magic e-mail. Nevertheless...

We have been waiting 31 days. Half? I guess not. In CIS time (no holidays or weekends), we have been waiting 14 days. Almost half of half sort of. Ugh.

On a more positive note, I am recovering from the real FLU. It was awful! Being really sick was somehow cathartic. I feel glad to be well and a little less emotionally raw.

Let's hope this is a good week for everyone waiting. We could all use some evidence of real progress.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right there with you.
Glad you are feeling better!

Jill said...

It would be nice to just see progress. I hope by some superpower all our approvals come in this week.

James and Melissa said...

I wonder the same things. It would be good to see some progress!! I am ready for an approval, just like so many other people.

Jen said...

oh so guilty! I do try to hold off checking the emails until Monday morning. It's just too much of a let down for me before that.