Friday, June 6, 2008

So Sad Tonight

Tonight when I was putting Scott to bed, he wanted to know "who is taking care of Daniel?" I said that Daniel has people who love him to take care of him tonight. I have been crying ever since. I told Scotty that we take care of Daniel by loving him and getting ready to be his family, and Scotty said, "but why is it taking so long, mom?" I just don't know. I don't understand this at all. I cannot understand why this little baby has to stay in an orphanage when we have been waiting for over six months to give him a home. We have been waiting over 4 months for an I600 determination. I am so terrified about what this will all mean to him when he gets older, because if I cannot answer Scott's questions now, how will I be able to answer the much more difficult ones from Daniel later? I have truly exhausted my resources, and I am no farther than when this journey began to knowing one single fact about problems with his specific case and what is taking so many months to allow him to have a home. I have been in regular contact with my senators and congressman (and other people's senators and congressmen, etc.). What can I do now? I cannot explain to anyone who is not experiencing this how much I love him. He belongs with a family. God, please let this end.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

that breaks my heart into a thousand pieces.

Alix said...

I feel so horrible for your entire family. :( Is there nothing your Congress people can do?

Kelli said...

It's so impossible for adults to understand why this is happening. It breaks my heart that you have to try to explain it to a child. I am so sorry.

Jill said...

Sheding tears with you. There are no words to explain our Gov't's actions.

Jen said...

It hurts so much that Daniel isn't with you where he belongs. I am so sorry you have to go through this.

Mama Pajama said...

(((((hugs))))))

growing our love... said...

We feel your pain!

Kelly said...

Words fail in times like these...
k

Mama Pajama said...

Just checking in...hope you are doing okay...:)

Theresa said...

You said it: God, please let this end.
Feeling hope through the tears...