Wednesday, January 30, 2008

We Are All Going to Go!

Until today, we intended to let Scotty stay with his Mimi while we traveled to Viet Nam. However, last night Scotty and I had this conversation:
"When we go to get baby Daniel, you and Mimi are going to have so much fun together."
"Yep. And when I wake up fom my nap, you will pick me up."
"Well, we will be gone for some days, but Mimi is going to have friends over and everything."
"But I love you so much that I nehva ehva want to be wifoutchu."

UM...could you have handled that? I have never left him for more than 12 hours in his life. I fully intended to ease into the leaving him for longer periods, but I found it difficult to justify, in my heart, leaving him to prepare for leaving him; I never did. Plus, he has, to our fault, I guess, been the clear and constant center of the universe for all four years of his life. The more I picture the moment when we return with our beautiful baby from VietNam after weeks of being away from Scotty for the first time, the more that happy moment morphs into chaos asking for issues for both children. I want our whole family to be a part of this miracle. Scotty solidified it for me last night. Then, I used my feminine wiles to convince Greg. And now, we are ALL, Scotty, Me, Greg, and My Mom (Mimi), going to Viet Nam. I am really excited that my mom will be there. She can keep Scotty when we go to meet Daniel for the first time. She can also be a part of the miracle because she is such a big part of our lives. She was there in the moment that Scotty was born; I am very glad she will be there at the amazing moment that Daniel comes into our family.

Today, I went to see about a passport for Scotty, but I was too late, as it was 4:30 and the line was SOOO long. That could end up being a hurdle if passports are taking as long to process as I have heard. I actually caught a colleague there with a boyfriend (who I didn't know existed)sheepishly getting her passport to "go to the Bahamas maybe". It looked like one of those love afairs just getting started. How romantic! Love is in the air dodododododo love is in the air... I think I totally made them feel awkward by being there, though, with Scotty and everything. Fodder for the novel (all English teachers are secretly writing novels in their heads all of the time).

Tomorrow, I am going to drive a care package to our agency for the director to take to HCMC on her next trip sometime in February. We have packed two wrist rattles, a Baby Einstein teether, a so so soft little blanket that we have been sleeping with for a week, a disposable camera with his name on it (in hopes that I can retrieve it when we travel with picture of his life between now and then), and a thank you note for his caretakers. All items, of course, fit in a 2.5 gallon ziplock bag.

I have been watching the video of Daniel at the very least 20 times a day. I love him beyond reason, and I "nehva evha want to be wifout" him either. Work fast CIS/DofS. We all love you Daniel!

No comments: