Sunday, January 13, 2008

As Tet Approaches


I am planning to clean my house, cut my hair, mend my relationships, and pay (some) of my debt. I am thinking of my friends and family who are no longer living, and I am honoring them with my thoughts and good behavior. My goal is to plan a party or at least a small gathering for Tet that will become a family tradition and will grow as the years pass. Mostly, though, I am hoping that my son is healthy and loved in his orphanage. I believe that this will be a sad holiday for his life mother, and I am honoring her great gift at this time, too.

Meanwhile, we are waiting for our paperwork to travel back to our agency with approval from DIA in Vietnam so that our agency can send the I600 form to CIS for another approval (this time from our government). At that point, we may still have 60 days to wait before we can travel to bring our baby home forever. I hope everyone working on our case is also ready to clear the desk of unfinished work before the new year.

In other parts of life, another semester of school is finished (thank goodness). Scotty is growing more quickly than I can process. He is curious and funny. Every day I feel lucky to be his mom. We are having SO much fun on our new trampoline; the weather has been perfect for jumping mania. greg even strung Christmas lights all around the outside so we can jump at night (Sorry neighbors.).

Please sign the petition created by other waiting parents and linked below to support the efforts of our government in making the new I600 process more effecient for the children waiting for their forever families in orphanages. Please do not contact USCIS directly.





No comments: