Tuesday, August 26, 2008

We are Here!



We are in HCMC and we are overjoyed to have adopted Daniel through our G&R ceremony the day before yesterday (whenever that was). This nation is fascinating. It is so different here, and yet so familiar as the people embrace each other and they embrace us. Daniel's caretakers loved him very much, and I could tell that they were very sad when he left. He has been missing them, also. We are eternally grateful to them for loving him during this long year. Scotty has been such a trooper, but his clock is way off, and he spends most of the night awake. By dinner, he has tears of exhaustion because his body just can't get used to the new time. We hope this week will be much better for him. Our trip was exciting, and we are having a GREAT adventure. Meanwhile...here is the beautiful amazing littlest person in in our family...

23 comments:

K said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Kerry said...

crying :) xox

Kelly said...

I'm just SO happy to see Daniel in your arms, where he belongs! Have a wonderful trip and enjoy your sons!

Carl and Stephanie said...

Happy tears!! I'm so happy to finally see Daniel in your arms. Congrats!

Jill said...

What a wonderful post to wake up to. I am so very happy for you all. Finally your family is complete.

Jill

Anonymous said...

Positively glorious! Thank you so much for being willing to share your journey!

Namaste!
Sharon

Jenny said...

Oh My that was quick, Congratulations!!!

Kris Ann said...

You waited a very long time for this! I'm so happy for all of you!!!

God bless.

Now excuse me while I go blubber in a corner. :)

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

How wonderful!

Ali & JJ said...

Congrats!! We know the feelings well, enjoy your trip and we are so glad you are finally a family!

Ali, Jeremy and Xavier
xavierspage.blogspot.com
AP's to Xavier Huy of TQ

Jen said...

I AM SCREAMING AND JUMPING UP AND DOWN!! I was so behind!!
Hi Daniel :)

Kelli said...

I can't even begin to describe how excited and thrilled I am for the four of you. The pics brought tears of joy to my eyes! Congratulations!!!!!

Andrea said...

Wow - that is wonderful news! Congratulations to your WHOLE family!!!

growing our love... said...

What a wonderful beginning to a new story!

Anonymous said...

congrats! A more beautiful sight has never existed!!!

leslielightfoot said...

congratulations to your beautiful family!

www.lightfoots-witharmswideopen.blogspot.com

James and Melissa said...

I am so happy for your family. It is great to see pictures of you all together.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I'm doing a happy dance! Hurry up and bring that sweet child home so I can give him a big hug!

Erin said...

Yay!!! I am so glad he is in your arms!! So excited for all of you and can't wait to meet him in person! Congratulations!!

Emily said...

ohmy..perfect! congrats on finally being united!
hoping we can have a playdate when you are back in nc!

Anonymous said...

yay, yay, yay!!!
It looks like Daniel fits right in!

Karey said...

HE'S BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SOOO happy you are finally with him and he's coming home.

Hugs!

Mama Pajama said...

Now this a great picture! Congratulations!!!!