Sunday, August 16, 2009

Thank You

This time last year, we were about to embark on the journey of a lifetime, but two women were about to make a sacrifice of love for us. When we arrived at the orphanage to become Daniel's parents and family, two women stood out as the ones who had been loving him like crazy for the first year of his life. They watched his confusion and fear with wariness as we went through the chaotic orphanage procedure that I wish could have taken longer. I wish we could have talked to them. I want to thank them for loving him and teaching him how to love. I cannot imagine how strong these women must be to give their hearts and to let go. They have given me a gift I can never reciprocate.

Today, Daniel and I went through the Vietnam pictures, and he said "baby" at first. Then, he realized he was the baby. I wonder what he can process and remember. I hope to hold the memories of these special women in his heart. I cannot express my gratitude in the way I feel it.








1 comment:

Kelly e. said...

Gosh, I cant look at these pictures without crying... it takes me right back to Thu Duc and the day I first held Ada... and all the hurt and pain of the wait follows just beyond the rush of joy of that moment. And I know, really know, that this was such a hard wait for you too. There just arent words to describe how grateful I am that Daniel and Ada, and all the others we fought for and waited for finally came home. It does my soul good to see your beautiful boy in your arms! Thank you!