Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Good Moms, Thankful

Thank you moms for all the good advice about Daniel's sleeping. I am going to try...everything. Modified Ferber this weekend after soy milk, cheese etc., less spoiling, more loving him healthy. I guess Daniel, like Scotty, carries the burden of my lengthy longing for him. I tend to err on the side of over loving, kissing, protecting, and indulging. You all have given me something to work on.

Today is hot. In an effort to save my house and children from the certain destruction that was about to take place inside (too much time inside makes for wild boys), we tried to walk to the park. We wilted halfway down the street. Slowly we waddled through the heat waves back to our garage for a promised cleaning. I stopped to water the flowers, and Daniel took the hose. It wasn't long before he turned around and soaked Scotty. Shrieks of laughter, splashing, little giggles, puddle jumping, and mud digging soon had me seated on my driveway watching the scene and, as often happens lately, smiling a big almost tickled up smile without realizing it for a minute. I am thankful.

2 comments:

kelly said...

Sounds like fun! We'll be sending Daniel some strong sleepytime vibes this weekend and keep us posted!

Sharon said...

I "get" the reasons that you "err". Color me guilty too in other areas. If it helps any at all, I believe Aven's healthy sleep patterns (thanks to the sleep training) have helped her overall development in every area. Now, I ask you . . .what isn't loving indulgence if that isn't!? Good luck and keep us updated.